June 24, 2009

Sign Wednesday: The T-shirt


Some of the hardest things about any special event are the questions, "Well how many t-shirts should we order?" & "What should the t-shirts look like?" I'm not joking when I say this either. I have done many special events and there seems to be more controversy over who gets a t-shirt, who has to pay for the t-shirt, and what the t-shirt looks like than even who is in what group or breakout. I really am amazed by this phenomenon.

How do I solve this ever important controversy? Simple. Design a t-shirt that makes a lot of noise or makes you look at it at least once. Then order to many of them and give them away to anyone who is willing to wear it.

Do I have a good example of what I mean? Sure. Tie dye is a good choice to be loud and make people notice. It's not the only way but it is one way. Here is our camp shirt this year.



How do I afford it? I know going into the event that I'm going to order more t-shirts than I need so I factor that into the cost.

Why wouldn't you want people wearing the t-shirt for your event? It truly is one of the best walking around signs that you can have. If you are going to have a sign, why not make it noticeable? You want people to read it right?

This year, if you haven't ordered your t-shirt yet please remember these rules:

1. I want people to notice the shirt
2. I want people to wear the shirt who don't mind being noticed. These people talk more.
3. I will give away as many as I can.

comments

2 Responses to "Sign Wednesday: The T-shirt"
  1. Jessica said...
    June 24, 2009 at 4:29 PM

    They boys are already trying to decide what color shorts to wear next week. I think almost any color would go with that shirt.

  2. gina said...
    June 25, 2009 at 8:31 PM

    Very Important to remember! Consider how the name of the event fits on the tee. For example, if you host an event called "The Big Ask"... well... just don't print that on a tee. The last thing you need is a bunch of Big As* t-shirts floating around.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates