October 9, 2008

Tech Thursday: I'm bored




I haven't written about technology in over 2 months. Even then the post was about how to enter into the Technology conversation using all of the tech toys and apps that are out but that wasn't that exciting. Here is the problem. There has been nothing since then that has really peaked my interest. Nothing has gotten me stirred up to the point of excitement. As the picture above states, I have been looking for true innovation.

What has happened over the last 2 months:

1. The G1 or Google Phone was announced by T-Mobile, but I really don't think it is going to take over the iPhone anytime soon. Boring!

2. Electric cars were announced by Chrysler. This isn't new, the capabilities have been there for over 25 years.

3. I had to pay for Jott.com to use it like I normally do. Willing because I love it but come on.

4. Our church started using Planning Center Online. Good but boring.

5. I now have downloaded over 50 apps on my iPhone. None have changed my life. Many are fun and amusing but not that exciting. Boring!

I really think those are the highlights for me over the last 2 months. Look, I know that the economy is in a wasteland and the markets all over the world are looking like lead balloons but if we don't start innovating then nothing is going to change. Innovation is the key. So please tech world, do something absolutely amazing for all of us. We could use it right about now.

comments

1 Response to "Tech Thursday: I'm bored"
  1. JTapp said...
    October 10, 2008 at 12:49 PM

    Problem is that in order for tech firms to invest, they have to have credit. Without credit no investment and very little innovation or future output. That's a downside to a recession-- the economy contracts and fewer new products are put out there.

    I'm thinking maybe Jott won't survive. It's probably due to pay back its venture capital folks and suddenly finds itself in a bad position at a really bad time. Unless demand for it is really inelastic, I think it's a goner.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates