July 10, 2008

Tech Thursday: I gave my iPhone away!


I did something crazy yesterday. I locked my gen. 1 iPhone and gave it away, to my wife. That's correct, I am walking around right now with an old Nokia flip phone in my pocket. I signed a 2 year contract with AT&T and dropped T-Mobile. My former iPhone is now legit. That means today I don't XM on my phone. I don't have a cool twitter client. I don't have much of anything including phone numbers. I can make and recieve calls and texts and that is it.

Why in the world would I do this? I need today to be a day where I get a ton done. I am out of town next week at a camp in Georgetown, KY. I need to make sure and have everything done today because tomorrow I will be occupied. I won't be worth anything on Saturday and Sunday besides church will be a wash. What will I be doing over the next 3 days?

ENJOYING my NEW iPHONE 3G!

I don't know if you have read yet but the App Store is live in iTunes. You can already buy your favorite Apps but of course you can't do anything with them until you upgrade to iPhone 2.0 or buy the new iPhone 3G. Many of the Apps in the store are very similar or the same as the ones in Installer of a jailbroken iPhone. The sad thing is that the ones that are the same are of course not free like they were in Installer. There are Apps that are not in the store as well. In the Installer you could add a video camera app that turned the camera of the iPhone into a recording device. You could also changed the theme of your phone through Installer and I don't see that in the App Store. There was also a voice dial App that I will miss. I will also miss the Touchpad Pro that allowed you to use your iPhone as your mouse.

As with any change I will have to adapt. I will have to contact AT&T now which I am not really excited about. I will have to be ready to download web pages faster. I will have to get use to real GPS. I will also have to get ready to pay for my Apps.

Here I come iPhone 3G. I can't wait for our friendship to begin.

comments

2 Responses to "Tech Thursday: I gave my iPhone away!"
  1. Jessica said...
    July 10, 2008 at 4:45 PM

    I've had an iPhone for a day and I'm already hooked!

    I'll take Matt's hand-me-downs any day! Thanks, dear!

  2. jonathan said...
    July 10, 2008 at 11:54 PM

    I hate you! No really, I hate you for being able to switch from a t-mobile business account to an ATT personal account with reimbursement. Be sure and post your how-to get your church to change.

    I'm handcuffed to a free work phone, through Sprint!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates