July 7, 2008

Ministry Monday: Visiting other Churches


I love visiting other churches. I wish I could take a week and travel all over the world and visit the best churches out there. I believe you can learn so much from doing this simple exercise. You learn what to do and what not to do. You learn who they are as a church and more importantly you learn who you are as a church. You also get to meet some incredible people who just might inspire you to become a better minister.

Today I took a portion of my team, Tim Selnick and Andrea Goslee, to Montgomery Community Church. Instead of doing our normal staff meeting we went and visited with Kim Vaught. Kim is a firecracker and has a huge heart for kids. She is all about vision and seeing people come to know the love of God. She was kind enough to spend over an hour with my team and I.

Just over 2 years ago Montgomery had Wacky World come in and establish an environment for the Children's area. Before the transformation the church was your typical white/grey walls with little decorations. Now it is a vibrant space that speaks leaps and bounds on how much the church values kids. Here are some pictures I took while I was there:











If you are not visiting other churches then why not? If you are visiting other churches then let me know what you learn. If you are even in Cincinnati, OH then I would love to take you around the city and eventually to my own church once it is built.

comments

1 Response to "Ministry Monday: Visiting other Churches"
  1. jonathan said...
    July 9, 2008 at 4:59 PM

    I am a church visitor. You can tell a lot about a church by how they receive your request to look around and get a tour. Some look at me funny, and ask why... and others love the opportunity to share what's working in their areas.

    It's a great learning experience!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates