July 15, 2008

@ Centri-Kid: Update #1


I am currently at Georgetown College in Georgetown, KY attending a church camp called Centri-Kid. Centri-Kid is a camp that is run by Lifeway Christian Resources or otherwise known as the Southern Baptist Convention. It is for kids who have completed 3rd-6th grade and is an overnight camp. This is our second year as a church to attend this particular camp.

Why Centri-Kid? My philosophy on camp is that I want to be able to build relationships with the kids and not have to worry about anything else. We only brought 12 kids and I am really getting to know each and every one of them. Basically Centri-Kid takes care of all of the programming and let's my volunteers and I the ability to just hang with the kids. This camp also builds into the adults while the kids are in their own Bible Study.

So far the camp has been very good. The program is solid and the kids are having fun. Registration was a breeze. The dorms are fine. The food is actually good. They even gave us free Starbucks today as a thank you and not just your normal cup of joe, but a grande iced carmel-white mocha. The only bad thing that has happened so far is one of the boys fell off the top bunk this morning at 5:30am. He got a nice pop knot on his head but will be fine.

Today we will get to go to a water park for our free time. The kids are really looking forward to this.

Here are some pictures that I have taken so far that I think you might enjoy.


The drop off area. Nice use of flags.



The stage set-up for large group presentations.



Kids doing their quiet time this morning.



One of the campers talking smack and telling Momma jokes.



The Senior Pastor's son doing a got Milk commercial.


There you have it. I really am enjoying myself. If you want more details then you can also follow me on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/mattmckee

comments

1 Response to "@ Centri-Kid: Update #1"
  1. Anonymous said...
    July 16, 2008 at 5:33 PM

    This is the second positive referral I've had in the last 2 days for Centri-kid. May have to check it out. Enjoy the building time!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates