July 17, 2008

Centri-Kid update #2: Friendships


Today is out last full of camp. We leave tomorrow morning. The kids are already a little sad about leaving and I don't blame them. Why? I think it is simple. You can't help but make friends at camp. Leaving friends is one of the hardest thing in the world to do. I hate it. I always have but it is one of those necessary things in life. Which by the way, I am very bad at goodbyes. I don't do it well. I have the tenancy to just leave. This is what happens at camp. The tenancy is that tomorrow morning when we leave the kids don't get to say goodbye to everyone and it kind of hurts.

I even feel this way. I have been able make some great new friendships and refresh some old ones. I think there is something about getting away from your normal day and your normal life that makes you build relationships. Not just earthly relationships but spiritual relationships as well. I can tell that the kids that came with us are building a better friendship with God. How cool is that?

So thank you Centri-Kid for giving the kids and the adults the opportunity to get to know each other. It is very nice to meet and see friends.

comments

1 Response to "Centri-Kid update #2: Friendships"
  1. JE said...
    July 21, 2008 at 1:09 PM

    It was great to hear that you guys had a good week at camp. I enjoyed meeting you and making that connection.

    Hope the rest of your summer goes well. By the way -- there is a killer new app...it's called T9.
    JE

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates