July 20, 2008

Quotes from Centri-Kid 2008: Very Funny, Very Sad.


Things happen at camp that don't happen other places. Have you noticed this? Not only do unexpected things happen but some of the strangest things are said as well. The following are actual things that I heard come out of people's mouths while at camp. (I am not endorsing any of these comments just restating them for your enjoyment)

While preaching to the kids and adults in a nightly worship service the Camp Pastor had some incredible words to say to us. In one occasion though his words got away from him.
Camp Pastor: "We all can fart in God's family. I mean, we are all part of God's family. Did I say fart? I really didn't mean to say that."

Tim and I were in the community bathroom when one of the kids from our church walks in and asked what we were doing. The following is a part of that conversation.
Kid: "What are you guys doing?"
Myself: "Tim and I are dropping the kids off at the pool?"
Kid: "If you are dropping kids off at the pool, then what are you doing in there?"
Tim: "That's the best question I have ever heard."

Somehow we got on Momma jokes. Don't ask me how I just know that we ended up there.
Someone: "You Momma so fat, she asked me to kiss her behind and I said which hemisphere."

I got to break up a fight on our last day of camp. It was not kids from my church which made it kind of fun. The best part was there conversation as they pushed and attempted to be tough but not hit each other. (I remind you I do not endorse these comments)

Kid #1: "I'm gonna beat you up if you don't leave me alone"
Kid #2: "You can't beat me up. You're a fagot."
Kid #1: "I'm not a fagot. You're a fagot."
Kid #2: "Come on over here and I will show you fag. That's right, I'll show you fag."
At this point I was in the room with my arms between the two fifth graders. What I was worried about was how this one boy was going to show the other boy. I mean was he going to take off his shirt, put on some high heels, and dance around the room. I was really confused on how he was going to show him. I knew it needed to stop before any showing started happening.

So there you have it. There are just some of my favorite quotes from church camp. I can't believe I heard any of those things but unfortunately I heard them all.

comments

0 Responses to "Quotes from Centri-Kid 2008: Very Funny, Very Sad."
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates