June 14, 2008

The World is Flatter for Children's Ministry


Did you know that I have a Posse'? That's right, I'm cool enough to have a gang of Children's Pastors that I hang out with. Hang out with might be a stretch. I mean we communicate all of the time. We pray for each other like crazy. We let each other know what's really going on in our ministries. We encourage each other and push each other. I can't think of a better group of guys to prod me along.

So how has the world of Children's Ministry become flat? I have actually never met any of them in person. Jonathan Cliff, aka Little Pastor, lives in Lubbock, TX. He just had a rough 10 year anniversary because his kids aren't feeling well. Kenny Conley is in Austin, TX. He just became the Family Pastor of a church there and is dealing with a lot of leadership growth in his life. Sam Luce is in Utica, NY and has been the Children's Pastor of his church for 10 years. He is extremely passionate about ministry, Macs, and media. All three of these guys are leaders beyond belief. Their visions are incredible.

How do I know all this stuff? How do we communicate? How did we become friends?
It is quite simple. We all blog (Jonathan's blog, Kenny's blog, Sam's blog). We all Twitter (Johanthan's feed, Kenny's feed, Sam's feed). We even use the old school e-mail. We all have the common interest in seeing people get God's love. Someday we are all going to be at the same conference and be able to make fun of each other in person but until that day I am extremely excited that God has brought us together for this season in this way. You could call us all nerds or geeks. You could call us a nice team assembled all over the country. You could call us crazy.

By the way there is one more guy who all 4 of us look to that is also making the world of Children's Ministry flatter. His name is Pudge Huckaby. I have had the priveledge of meeting Pudge at his church in South Carolina. He to has incredible insight and passion for kids and the ministry to kids. I don't know if I would call him apart of the Posse', but I think he will be soon. His blog is here and his twitter feed is here.

This Posse' is not closed. We are not exclusive except for the fact that you have to be really good at what you do. You have to be passionate about ministry, people, and God's love. You have to be somewhat of a tech geek, if not we might bore you. You have to be willing to share your thoughts and to be pushed. Other than that let us know who you are. We would love to have you as apart of the conversation.

Doing anything together is much better than doing something by yourself.

comments

4 Responses to "The World is Flatter for Children's Ministry"
  1. Geron Brown said...
    June 14, 2008 at 2:44 PM

    you have to be really good at what you do? :)

  2. jonathan said...
    June 14, 2008 at 2:52 PM

    "There can be no vulnerability without risk; there can be no community without vulnerability; there can be no peace, and ultimately no life, without community."

    -M. Scott Peck

  3. J.C. said...
    June 16, 2008 at 12:34 PM

    my name is J.C. Thompson and i do the production for the large group at brookwood church in simpsonville, sc. I'm only 21 and i am definitely a tech geek and am actually right around the corner from pudge. you can check out my blog at www.jcsonline.wordpress.com

  4. Sam Luce said...
    June 18, 2008 at 12:22 AM

    Matt,

    I have been looking for years to find people to connect with who have the same values and believe many of the same things that I do.

    You guys have blessed my life in a huge way. I think this is definitely a God thing. Can't wait to see what God will do.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates