June 18, 2008

Sign Wednesday: The Tombstone


Did you ever think about your tombstone as a sign? In many ways it is the ultimate sign. The last sign that you will probably ever get to post will be one that you decide for your remains. I am not trying to be morbid here but I do think that it is important for you to think about.

I like cemeteries for some reason. I think they are really intriguing and interesting. I participated in a funeral today at Spring Grove Cemetery here in Cincinnati. Believe it or not it is a beautiful place. Incredible trees and landscaping but more importantly incredible tombstones or should I say signs. I was blown away by the number of tombstones that were just huge. There were more ornate and intricate than any I have every seen in one cemetery. I can't believe I am going to write this but if you get a chance to go to Spring Grove to drive around I think you should. It really is a site to see.

Here are some of the pictures that I took while I was there.



There were many of these there and this one was not the biggest by any means and it stood about 30 feet tall.



I found this very interesting. It is quite tombish. Again not the biggest one but is a good representation.



Look at the huge piece of petrified wood on top of the tombstone. I couldn't figure out why but thought it was really cool.



This picture doesn't give it justice but believe me when I say that this was awe inspiring.

When I die I don't think I want an actual sign as my tombstone but I would like to have a really cool unique one that stands out. No neon or anything but I do think that my last sign should be at least interesting. I might be putting more pressure on myself than I need.

comments

0 Responses to "Sign Wednesday: The Tombstone"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates