May 8, 2008

Tech Thursday: A Birthday Gift?


Here is my thought about my next birthday. If I have to turn 30 on May 20th and get ridiculed and made fun of then I should at least tell you what you could get me. So here goes nothing.

There was some very exciting news that came out this past week from a company named Orb Networks. What was the news?

Orb Networks brings you another world's first:
play live TV, Internet TV, and webcams
on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

We've optimized media streaming so it works great over WiFi
and even over AT&T, O2, and Vodafone

Yes you read that right. I could have live TV on my iPhone. Jessica's first question was, "Why do you need live TV?" I said, "Need?" But how cool is it that you can do this?

How does it work?

Here's How

Step 1: On your PC

Works on Windows PCs or on Macs running Parallels or Fusion

  1. Install the Orb streaming application
  2. Create your login and password
  3. To watch live TV or a webcam you will need a TV turner card or webcam attached to your PC
  4. Leave your PC on and connected to the Internet so it can stream stuff to your iPhone or iPod touch
Step 2: On your jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch

You must have a jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch to get OrbLive
(Haven't yet jailbroken your iPhone? We like ZiPhone*)

  1. Click on the Installer icon in your iPhone app menu
  2. Click the Install icon at the bottom
  3. Scroll through the list of categories and click on Multimedia
  4. Click on OrbLive
  5. Click Install at top right
  6. Click Install in the popup that appears
  7. When the package has installed, go to your
    iPhone app menu and click the OrbLive icon
  8. Enter the login and password you created when you installed Orb on your PC
  9. Enjoy!
So for my 30th birthday I want not only a Diamond XtremeTV PVR 660 but I want someone to set it all up for me as well. Is that to much to ask for someone who is turning old?

There you have it. New technology and to much information.

comments

0 Responses to "Tech Thursday: A Birthday Gift?"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates