May 7, 2008

Sign Wednesday: Free Money


This past Saturday I went to the grocery store. I just needed to pick up some stuff for a sermon illustration that I was doing on Sunday. When I came out of the store I saw this sign:



The sign says "Free Money". The bag he is holding has money inside. This kid was not joking. He was giving away Free Money. So what did I do? I gave him more money to give away. I couldn't help myself. I believe that it is better to give than to receive. This guy who wouldn't tell me his name because he was doing this as a class project was trying to figure this concept out. Is it better to give?

Now I stayed and watched for about 5 minutes. The reaction of people passing by was priceless. Most people stopped and ask is it true that he was giving away free money. Some asked how much they could take. Others didn't want to believe him and just walked right by giving him incredibly bad looks for a guy giving away free money. What I was surprised about the most is that no one took all the money at once. I think this was a very interesting experiment. I may even have to try it some day. I think you should try it too and let me know how it went.

I give the guy an "F" for his sign but an "A+" for the idea and boldness to do it. Sometimes it isn't always about the sign. Yes I just wrote that.

comments

1 Response to "Sign Wednesday: Free Money"
  1. JTapp said...
    May 7, 2008 at 1:35 PM

    At first glance he looks homeless, mainly due to the sign. If he had dressed in a tuxedo with a high-quality sign I wonder how the passer-by reactions would have differed. Probably a lot.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates