May 5, 2008

Ministry Monday: Sunday Highlights


Do you ever have those days where you are running from one thing to another? I had that day yesterday. I got to lead communion for the adult worship service, do announcements, and set up the guest speaker. After I got off the stage I rushed over to Junior High and preached.

Why do I like being busy? I think it makes me feel more important. I really know that if I am not busy it doesn't make me any less important but there is something about people counting on me that I really like. Speaking of really liking something. . . I really like to preach. Even if it is only a 4-5 min. snippet that sets up communion I just feel comfortable. I also like the challenge of speaking to adults and then turning right around and speaking to teens. The mental hurdles really challenge me. I know this isn't normal but it is me.

After saying all of that I don't believe those were the highlights of yesterday. That is what happened but nothing spectacular. The highlights were:

  • Having 2 different people come up to me after the service and tell me that I should start my own church (strange but true. I don't know if that was a compliment or not.)
  • Having a junior high kid tell me that he was challenged by my honesty
  • Having a parent trust my judgment about sending her kid to camp
  • Having 18 kids stay after church to practice leading worship for elementary
  • Having a business guy tell me that he is going to join our Bible study and he has never read the Bible
As much as I like being on stage and having the spot light on me I truly enjoy people being touched more. I love seeing kids serve. I love seeing junior high kids challenged. I love seeing business guys get out of their comfort zone. These are the ways that I really enjoy seeing God move.

What were your highlights yesterday? What ways do you like to see God move?

comments

1 Response to "Ministry Monday: Sunday Highlights"
  1. jonathan said...
    May 6, 2008 at 11:53 PM

    My Sunday Highlight was watching a teacher 'get it.' You know, when you work with someone and finally they get the mission of working with kids. She was prepared, practiced, and knocked the ball out of the park in her time with her class.

    And I also get to do the occasional offering and communion. It offers such a great perspective to do something for adults, which I love doing; and then to run to another area and do a totally different kind of talk.

    It may make great Senior Pastors out of us someday...

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates