December 10, 2007

A Musical, Track Sign-ups, Birthday Party. UK Basketball, Blue Flame, A Bengals Game, and Volunteer Appreciation


The above title are just some of the things that happened this past weekend. Let me break them down for you.

  • Friday Night and Sunday morning we had our annual Children's Christmas Musical. Friday Night is special because we bring in a group of Inner-City kids and do the show for them. We then have a Christmas party for those kids and the expressions on their faces are incredible. I was really proud of my team and the kids this year. The musical really was an excellent presentation and showed how serious we take Children's Ministry.
  • Saturday morning was the 3rd opportunity to sign up for the spring session Indian Hill Recreation Track. Yes I also coach track and we will have somewhere between 60-70 Kindergarten-6th graders run this year. This is a great way for me to meet families outside of the church walls and be apart of the community.
  • Saturday we celebrated my one and only nephew's first birthday. Happy Birthday Caedmon! Your Unk loves you a lot.
  • Kentucky got served a big piece of humble pie on Saturday by Indiana. Billy Gillespie is not bringing the best out in players yet. I really hope he can turn this team around.
  • We had dinner club on Saturday night and then played a game where one of my answers to a real question was "Blue Flame". It really took me back to my college days.
  • Going to the Bengals game on Sunday wasn't bad if you were either sitting in a box or in one of the four rows in front of the boxes. Thanks to Rich I got to stay dry and watch the Bengals win a game.
  • Sunday night we had a volunteer appreciation event for our Junior High and Senior High volunteers. We had a small but nice catered meal and played laser tag. It was a really fun and I learned one thing. If you have the chance to pick between the surgeon and the police officer, the police officer is much better at laser tag. I am just saying. . .
Now that is what I call a weekend. Jessica about killed me because the schedule was to full but I had a blast.

comments

1 Response to "A Musical, Track Sign-ups, Birthday Party. UK Basketball, Blue Flame, A Bengals Game, and Volunteer Appreciation"
  1. JTapp said...
    December 11, 2007 at 4:19 AM

    It says something about the richness of your life that your 198 point fantasy football score and beatdown of your brother didn't make the list.
    That probably would have been tops on mine.

    And it's Gillispie with an I, not an E.

    They used to sell t-shirts in College Station that said "There's no I in Gillispie." It sorta makes sense if you say it out loud.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates