July 24, 2007

Throwing Up and Kidney Stones


Yes you read the title correctly. While I was in Mexico I got a bug. It was only a 24 hour bug thankfully but it did bring me to my knees and my back. Here is a nice picture of me that they took while I was sick.

Sick in Bed

I did have a sense of humor that day. My shirt simply says "It's just a flesh wound". I look fat in that picture and I know that I unloaded a good 5 pounds before this picture was taken. Maybe I should take a hint...

Now if the bug was not bad enough. The next day when I was just starting to feel better I had a kidney stone hit me. This was not my first stone. I had one 7 years ago when I was working at a church camp in Panama City, Fl. The first one was a boy and I named him Spike. This one was a girl and I named her Crystal. I hate kidney stones.

Needless to say but the trip would have been much better if these 2 events didn't happen. I was man enough to get out of bed so that I could present the gospel to the teenagers that were on the trip with us. That's right... Satan tried to keep me down but God gave me enough strength to share his love. So even through throwing up and kidney stones, God made the rocks cry out.

I love it when things like this happen. It really makes me feel like God is using me. Just next time, I don't need to go through the pain.

comments

0 Responses to "Throwing Up and Kidney Stones"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates