July 23, 2007

Beatboxing and Handshakes


By the way, I think this would be a great name for a local hangout or bar and grill but that is not the point of this post.

The point is that I really wanting to post while I was in Mexico but I couldn't so I am going to this week. So here is one of the post I wrote while in Monterrey.

I don't speak Spanish. I took Spanish in high school but it all left me years ago. Basically I can say the important words like "where is the bano(bathroom)?" So how do you communicate with a teenage boy and a 9 year old boy in Monterrey, Mexico? By beatboxing and handshakes, that's how. Isn't it amazing how we can connect with one another and not say a word? The same thing works here at home. When you don't know what to say the next time you are around a bunch of kids try beatboxing and handshakes. Why does it work? These 2 things are personal experiences and kids crave interesting experiences with each other and with adults. Maybe this week you should come up with a cool handshake or learn how to Beatbox. You never know when it might spark a connection that you will never forgot.

comments

0 Responses to "Beatboxing and Handshakes"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates