March 23, 2009

Ministry Monday: No One Wins.


Last week I had to do something that I hated. In fact I would rather do a funeral than what I did last week. What am I talking about? Last Thursday I was on the witness stand in a custody battle as a character witness in a messy divorce.

Divorce is bad enough, but when kids are involved then it is just horrible. Of course the ex-husband is never as bad as the ex-wife would make him out to be and the ex-wife is never innocent either. I don't know how a judge decides in cases like this. It's a true shame and there is no justice.

This hit me really hard today. So hard in fact that I took most of the day to spend with my family. We had a fun day. We saw a movie. Went to the park. Played together. Ate together. We were a family and it felt really good.

Jessica and I don't pretend to be perfect. We have spats with each other and with our kids. We made a vow though almost 10 years ago that we wouldn't even say the word divorce to each other. We won't even joke about it. Some how both Jessica and I have parents who have never been divorced. We know we are blessed to have this as a fact and hope to continue the streak for our kids as well.

I know we live in a world that is filled with divorce and custody battles. To often the battle in these cases is fought as if someone in the end wins. I am here to say though that when the war is over no one wins, no one.

comments

1 Response to "Ministry Monday: No One Wins."
  1. Jessica said...
    March 25, 2009 at 12:21 AM

    I love your heart, dear.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates