March 16, 2009

Ministry Monday: Do what you love and reach people


What do you love to do? Seriously, if you the choice right now to do anything that you wanted, what would you do? Me? I would compete in some form or fashion. It's not that I have to win, even though I really enjoy winning, but I love competition. It doesn't matter what it is that I am competing for or against, I just love a great competition. I even love to watch competition happen. I really enjoy seeing how people handle pressure. There is something about seeing someone win and the emotion that it brings. There is also something about losing or seeing someone be defeated.

What if you could reach people with what you love? I don't care if it is the board game Risk or water sports. If you could help someone by what you love wouldn't you do it?

This week is one of my favorite weeks of the year. It is known as March Madness or The Big Dance. There is not another competition that comes close to it. You can root for the underdog and they really do have a shot at winning. You can see emotions that can only be brought out by last second shots. During this tournament I have laughed, cried, cursed, yelled, screamed, stomped, sweated, fist-bumped, high-fived and even hugged a stranger. Why wouldn't I want to share this? I love this.

Last year I started a little March Madness bracket challenge at my church. Why?
1. To reach out to people that I didn't know.
2. To give us something to talk about
3. To connect us in a new way
4. To have an experience
5. To be human
6. To build a bridge to talk about other things

Of course this year I have done the same. In fact I invited more people this year than any other year. Why keep something to yourself if you love it? I found people last year that I didn't know and hoping to do the same this year.

I love more than just March Madness but it is one example in my life. I also love Jesus, my wife (not sharing her), my kids (you could have them for a weekend), signs, technology, marketing, and friends.

So how about you? What do you love so much that you have to share it with someone else?

comments

1 Response to "Ministry Monday: Do what you love and reach people"
  1. AnnaMeadows said...
    March 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM

    I am doing what I love! Ministering to youth... and getting paid for it! It can't get any better than that... actually, it could. I would love to get paid to write! LOL. But that will happen... someday. Love the blog...

    Looking forward to connecting at the Orange Conference!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates