September 16, 2008

Off Topic: The Cincinnati Hurricane


UPDATE: The power came back on last night around 6:30pm. The internet did not come back until today around 6:00pm. The power out my office also came on today but the internet could be a couple more days we are told. There is one more place though that you could pray for and that is the school that we have church. It is still without power and could be out until Sunday. Now don't get me wrong, us living without power here in Cincinnati has been an inconvenience and nothing more. I still pray for all of those who have been affected by hurricanes who may never see there house again. If you are one of those people and you need a helping hand just let me know.




I never thought that I would see hurricane force winds in Cincinnati, OH but now I can tell my grandchildren that I lived through it.

The past couple of days have been nuts. As of this blog post we still do not have power at our house. It has been 51 hours since we have had power. Right now I am currently at my in-law's house who lost power for only about 10 hours on Sunday.

There are certain thoughts that you don't think until you lose power. The list for me have been:

1. I am really glad I have a gas water heater and not electric.
2. Where can we take all the stuff in the fridge and freezer?
3. How much is a generator?
4. I truly have no control over this.
5. Now I know why we don't go camping that much.


There are also certain things that I have been truly thankful for:

1. Family is close and no matter what happens we get through together.
2. The weather has been incredible for this to happen. Not to hot and not to cold.
3. All of our friends and neighbors have been more than willing to help.
4. I have an iPhone and where I can get service I could check the news.
5. When ice cream is going to melt anyway you eat a lot of it.

The biggest thing about this "hurricane" though has been it makes you stop. It makes you unplug. It makes you appreciate things that you should appreciate more. I am not willing to say thank you for cutting off my power for over 2 days but I am thankful that I have been able to stop and think just a little bit.

Now, if Duke Energy is reading, PLEASE, can I get my power back on? I really miss the convenience of it all.

comments

0 Responses to "Off Topic: The Cincinnati Hurricane"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates