September 8, 2008

Ministry Monday: New Staff


Last week I was on vacation, and while I was out I had a new staff member start. Well, I should say that she officially started getting paid while I was gone. She has been doing her "job" for almost 3 years now.

I picked up this philosophy along the way that says get the best volunteers in the world and eventually pay them to do what they love to do and you will keep them for a lifetime. Such is the case in this instance.

The new staff member is Sarah Youngblood. Sarah is over qualified, under-paid, and willing to do anything. So what is her new role as a staff member?

I will let her letter that she sent out to all of the parents in the Children's Ministry of Horizon explain because I couldn't say it any better myself.

Parents,

Perhaps we’ve met at SMASH, check-in at Horizon, or passed in the hallways as we dropped off our kids at Sunday School.

Maybe we’ve run into each other at the Madeira Kroger or an Indian Hill football game in Mariemont or Anderson.

My name is Sarah Youngblood and I’m the new Parent Coordinator for the Children’s Ministry at Horizon Community Church. I’m one of you – I live in the community, send my kids to school here and worship here.

My job is to connect you and your children with the Children’s Ministry. Do you have a question about how your son or daughter is being taught? Maybe you have a question about scripture or your son or daughter is having a rough time adjusting with his or her class.

I want to be accessible to help you, but I don’t pretend to have all the answers. In my new position I’m available to get those answers by taking your cares and concerns to the appropriate person within the church.

At Horizon, the mission is to comfortably connect people to God. As part of that goal, I want to comfortably connect your family with the wonderful things going on within the Children’s Ministry.



I am extremely blessed to have Sarah on staff. Her role is perfect for our community and our church. She will truly take the Children's Ministry at Horizon to places it has not been in the past.

comments

0 Responses to "Ministry Monday: New Staff"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates