August 27, 2008

Sign Wednesday: I'm not Joking


For some reason these signs make me think of the of the current Democratic National Convention. Seriously, I'm not joking. Have a look at the signs and then I will explain.



Did you study them? What do they say to you?

First let me say that I don't care of you are a Democrat or a Republican. The point of this post is not suppose to tell you who to vote for or how to vote this November.

What do I mean when I say these signs remind me of the DNC08? The one major idea that I have gotten from the DNC08 is the importance to of inclusion. Yes, unity is important to the party and trying to prove that Obama could be the commander and chief is a highly ranked issue as well. The one thing though, that I believe they want you to hear is that you are included in changing our country. They are trying to make this election about you and not about who you are electing because you are included in the future and the hope of this country. This is pure genius. Who doesn't want things to be about them?

These signs are trying to achieve the same things. They are trying to make sure you feel included. So included that you walk into their store and of course buy something. Why else would you carry over 9,000 items and make a neon sign of all things to say it? Why else would you hand write another sign that could be misunderstood of saying, "Get your Ladies Silk Lingeries for Back to School Supplies"?

These signs of course don't achieve the part of me feeling included. They don't reach excellence in part of the imigination. These signs are not doing what the owner of the store intended. You know, I think the current DNC could be like these signs in this area as well. I know that they want me to think I am included but the more they talk the less I feel that way. Maybe it's because they have included so many people that they have excluded along the way. Even though the speeches are excellently written and delivered there is still something that comes off very empty. I look forward to seeing what Obama says for his acceptance speech. I look forward to the inclusion part.

What do you think? Do you think these signs remind you of the current DNC?

comments

1 Response to "Sign Wednesday: I'm not Joking"
  1. Anonymous said...
    August 28, 2008 at 11:21 PM

    I don't know about the signs but when I went inside I felt a bit weird didn't want to touch anything. Turned around and walked out.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates