August 11, 2008

Ministry Monday: Losing Staff is a Good Thing?!?


Today I was sad, happy, excited, disappointed, and jazzed all at the same time. You see, Andrea Goslee, now a former staff member of mine, said goodbye today. We worked together for 3 years at Horizon Community Church. She was the Music Director for the Children's Department all 3 of those years. She is now the Children's Director at Rivers Crossing Community Church. I can say that I am truly proud of her. While at Horizon she pushed, pulled, and challenged me. She brought a level of excellence to the table that I appreciated very much. Even if I didn't agree with it all of the time.

My Senior Pastor, Chad Hovind, said, "Staff leave for 3 reasons and Andrea left for the only good one." I would have to agree.

It is not easy losing staff but I find that it can be a good thing. It is great to see God give more leadership and responsibility to people. It is great to see God expand His church even if it wasn't apart of my plan at the time. It is great to see people care about a community so much that they can't help but think about how great it would be to minister in that community. It is great to see friends succeed.

Andrea Goslee will be great as a Children's Director. She will take and lead Rivers Crossings in an incredible way. Someday I will probably be going to a Children's Ministry conference and she will be speaking at it and I will say that I knew her when. Watch out for Andrea Goslee, you have been warned.

comments

0 Responses to "Ministry Monday: Losing Staff is a Good Thing?!?"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates