June 5, 2008

Tech Thursday: WWDC 08



The WWDC is the World Wide Developer Conference by Apple. Yes this is the famous conference that Steve Jobs announces the new stuff that fanboys like myself must have. The conference starts at 1:00pm eastern time. Do you think that it is a coincidence that Smash Camp will end at 1:00pm? Maybe but I would say that someone was thinking. Of course there are rumors upon rumors about all kinds of stuff that will happen at WWDC. The way Engadget puts it is like this:

Rumor roll call: 3G iPhone: check. Mid-range Mac desktop: check. Tablet MacBook: check. Tablet iPod touch: check. New MacBook Pros: check. Wait. You do realize that this is WWDC, and Apple usually only announces one, maybe two new pieces of hardware, right? They really just tend to focus on the software being that it's their, um, worldwide developer conference. (iPhone 2.0 firmware: check. OS X 10.6: check. Me.com: check.)

What do I think will happen? I think there will be an announcement about the iPhone 2.0. It will have 3G on it but you won't be able to buy it until the 1st of July. There won't by a Tablet MacBook even thought I would buy one in a heart beat. There will be a lot of new software updates that will make things simpler for almost everyone. The Apple stock will go up $3.07 on Monday and will fall $10.37 by the end of the week. I won't get an iPhone 2.0 for at least another year.

There you have it. My predictions for WWDC 08. I hope that there is more but I doubt it.

What do you think Steve Jobs is going to announce?

comments

2 Responses to "Tech Thursday: WWDC 08"
  1. JTapp said...
    June 5, 2008 at 9:51 PM

    I don't have any predictions. But, today at the airport I looked across the terminal and saw a kid on the floor playing with a little thin toy computer. Then, I realized it wasn't a toy but rather one of those really thin Macs. I looked down at my big heavy bag carrying my HP laptop, then looked back at the kid. "sigh."

  2. Anonymous said...
    June 6, 2008 at 2:47 AM

    Okay, my prediction. They are going to unveil the new 3G iPhone. You will have the choice between a 16GB or 32GB phone. It will have GPS along with all the new stuff they're unloading with the update. Biggest deal though... ATT is going to subsidize the phone. So I'm thinking you can get the 16GB for $150 or the 32GB for $250.

    That's my guess.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates