May 29, 2008

Tech Thursday: Google I/O Conference


Did you know that Google started their conference yesterday? It is called the Google I/0 conference and it for developers. Of course there has been some big news come out of the conference already. You can read about the Android news here and the App Engine news here. I was following most of the news through TechCrunch.com and Twitter. (Side note: Twitter received another 15 Million in funding putting it's valuation at 60 Million. I hope this money goes to servers and fixes the downtime issues.) Terry Storch had the best tweets about the conference.

The best thing for me though was this story from TechCrunch.com:



With all the thousands of engineers at google, you’d think someone speaks binary. But perhaps not. Attendees of the Google I/O conference today were given t-shirts that, presumably, were supposed to spell GOOGLEIO on the front in binary. Just one problem, the actual message printed spells GOOGLEKO:

G: 01000111
O: 01001111
O: 01001111
G: 01000111
L: 01001100
E: 01000101
K: 01001011
O: 01001111

The “I” that should’ve been in place of the “K” would’ve been 01001001.

If you got one of these, save it. It’s definitely a collector’s item now. I’ll pay $50 for an XL, if anyone’s selling.

Check for yourself here - and remember that upper and lower case letters have different binary spellings. Thanks for the tip Randy.


I am a sucker for clothing and technology and I too really want one of these shirts. T-shirts are just signs that you wear so it all makes perfect sense to me.

comments

0 Responses to "Tech Thursday: Google I/O Conference"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates