May 26, 2008

Ministry Monday: Passionate Rest


It is almost 11:00pm. I am getting ready to lay down and go to sleep and this is the first time today that I have really thought about blogging, twittering, or even being on Facebook. Today I was passionate and not about my passions. I was passionate about not being plugged in. It felt good and weird and uncomfortable yet relaxing all at the same time.

Psalm 37:7 says, "
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes."

Sometimes I think about being still as being unplugged. I noticed that I gave more attention to things that I normally don't. I also realized that I don't really have to be plugged in but I really enjoy it when I am.

Are you passionate about your rest? When you have a day off, do you passionate persue nothing and enjoy it? It is fine to be passionate, just make sure that your passion goes both directions or you will get tired really quick. Tired people don't minister very well. Don't let yourself become too tired.

comments

0 Responses to "Ministry Monday: Passionate Rest"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates