April 24, 2008

Tech Thursday: A Personal Twitter Relaunch


I started using Twitter on March 4th, 2007 and blogged about it on March 9th, 2007. Since then, I have used Twitter 2 different ways under 2 different accounts. The first way I used Twitter was the way it was intended. Meaning I used it as a personal updating service and followed a bunch of people. Then I tried to use it as a parent involvement tool for Children's Ministry. This means I tried to leverage this new technology for ministry purposes by updating parents with what their kids were learning in church. You can read more about the second way here and here.

After seeing and using this service both ways as a personal tool and as a ministry tool or parent involvement tool I have come to conclusion that it is much better as a personal tool for now. Maybe in time when the next generation becomes parents then it would be very beneficial as a interactive tool for parents and ministry but not yet. Or maybe I should say not yet for Horizon's parents.

So what does this mean? This means that yesterday I started from scratch with Twitter. I deleted all of my old accounts and I am starting fresh. You could call it a personal Twitter Relaunch. If you are on Twitter than let me know. I would love to see what you are doing. If you want to follow me then you can find my Twitter page at http://www.twitter.com/mattmckee.

What are you doing right now?

Update: Sorry for those of you who still don't know what Twitter is, please watch this video:



Now go sign up for Twitter.

comments

0 Responses to "Tech Thursday: A Personal Twitter Relaunch"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates