March 9, 2008

Weekend Review: The Good Parts


Here are the highlights from the past couple of days.

  • It has snowed at least 10 inches Friday and Saturday here in Cincinnati. A nice picture to prove it:


  • It was nice to play in the snow but spending 2 hours shoveling the driveway was a little much.

  • Did you know that you could cancel church? We didn't but more than 400 churches in the Cincinnati area did. Our numbers were low but not that bad.

  • Best quote from the weekend comes from my 3 year old. "Daddy I pulled my underwear up to far and my peeper is hanging out. Help Me, Help Me!" I love my son and love my wife for calling his man parts a peeper. That is to funny.

  • I spoke at our High School program tonight. I love the Beatitudes. They hit the soul and ring true no matter how old you are.

  • Kentucky won a basketball game today that probably put them in the tournament. They had a really rough start to the season but have finished well. I still don't expect them to do well in the tournament but will cheer them on with all I've got.

  • I am playing fantasy NASCAR for the first time ever and I picked the winner today. The problem is I don't know if I really care. I am truly a pro football, college basketball type of guy and am struggling with the NASCAR thing. It might be because my wife is beating me.

Until tomorrow when we talk Ministry Monday. . .

comments

4 Responses to "Weekend Review: The Good Parts"
  1. Jason Curlee said...
    March 10, 2008 at 8:38 AM

    Hey Matt...I've been putting together a March Madness bracket challenge of pastor, ministry leaders, church volunteers...especially those that blog. It's on yahoo...I'm also doing a NASCAR group as well.

    I'm running them through my blog. If you would like to join. Shoot me an email at pastorjcurl@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite.

  2. Joni said...
    March 10, 2008 at 10:22 AM

    Wow. I laughed till I cried at that quote from Patriot. Classic. :)

    And don't be jealous of our Fantasy NASCAR skills!

  3. JTapp said...
    March 10, 2008 at 10:30 AM

    It may also be because we're doing the fantasy on Yahoo. ESPN has 2 better setups, but one requires a draft and by the time I started getting things set up, it was too late to worry about doing a draft for the whole family. Joni and I do a head-to-head every week there.

    ESPN also has a salary cap version which is fairly fun.

  4. jonathan said...
    March 10, 2008 at 11:22 AM

    So what affected your attendance more, the snow or the time change?

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates