February 25, 2008

Ministry Monday: A Full Week Ahead



I love being busy. I used to think that if I wasn't busy then I wasn't be an effective minister. I am glad I got over that and so is my wife, but there are times that I really enjoy the challenge of a full schedule.

This week is one of those weeks. Here is a breakdown of my week starting with yesterday and highlighting things that aren't in my normal schedule (believe me you don't want to see the normal):



Sunday- went snow skiing with my Senior Pastor, Chad Hovind. Just the 2 of us and nothing says fun like a sheet of ice covered in "SUGAR".

Monday- Start a new series in elementary called Zooplosion by Elevate. This means set change and I am printing off a 30'X8' backdrop onto polyester fabric and having it sewn together. I will take pictures and post them.

Tuesday- Sit down with our lead person and redesign the children's and youth spaces in our new church. I love doing this but it is a lot of pressure that I put on myself.

Wednesday- Our couples' small group is meeting at our house and I am leading it. We are currently doing the Treasure Principle study. I really need to get out of debt so that I can give more.

Thursday- Our staff and some of our wives are going to the Creation Museum here in the Cincinnati Area. Chad is leading their staff meeting and we get to go through the museum for free and have lunch for free. If you don't know about the Creation Museum then go to their website and read about it. I am really looking forward to this.

Friday- Speak at Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy for their elementary chapel. I am doing a talk on Mephibosheth. I love Mebo and the fact that no matter who you are, you are always invited to eat at the King's table.

Saturday- Going to a high school play to support some of our students. They are doing Music Man and for high schoolers they are excellent and I don't use that word lightly.

So there it is a full week of ministry ahead of me. I just pray that I don't get to busy to listen to God this week and to make my family a true priority. If you pray for me I would ask that you pray the same thing.

What are you looking forward to this week?

comments

1 Response to "Ministry Monday: A Full Week Ahead"
  1. Anonymous said...
    February 29, 2008 at 7:58 PM

    Love to hear your thoughts on your new kids/youth space. We are at the tail end of our project it has been a blast. Tons of work but a blast.

    Have you found anyone to do your permeate/temp. solution?

    are you going to do more fellowshipone type thing with printed backdrops?

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates