February 29, 2008

Free Thought Friday: Creation Museum


Yesterday the pastoral staff of Horizon and their spouses were invited to go to the Creation Museum in Northern Kentucky. Chad Hovind our Senior Pastor actually led their chapel service/staff meeting to start off the day. He did very well. The Creation Museum is run by Answers in Genesis and their CEO is Ken Ham. Ken is usually out speaking around the world but he happened to be in town and met with us and even ate lunch with us. By the way, the lunch was awesome and the conversation wasn't bad either. If you didn't know Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum are both very controversial in the church and outside the church. Why? They believe the Earth is about 6,000 years old and not billions of years old. The take the Bible to be literal starting in Genesis and ending in Revelation. They have as much science to back up their beliefs as other people have science to back up that the Earth is billions of years old. I was even taught in Seminary that this theory is out there but not to take it seriously. After visiting you have to take it seriously and at least ask questions.

So what did I think? The museum itself is very well done. I mean very well done. The environment is incredible. They have a special effects theater that has chairs that shake, water squirts on you, and wind blows in all directions. It is as nice of a theater that I have been in. They use technology very well. Their videos are top notch. I could have a whole month of if not 2 months of Sign Wednesdays out of it. Of course some are excellent and other will be made fun of. The use of space in the museum is very innovative. The have a planetarium that is killer as well and I am not a big planetarium guy. The use of plasma screens was great. Needless to say but I really enjoyed it.

It is hard to grasp their belief of a young Earth because we have been taught that the Earth is very very old. I believe though that you will at least question the age of the Earth once you go through and I think everyone should go through. It is well worth the money and well worth the asking of questions. I will leave you up to whether or not you believe in a young Earth or an old Earth.

Here are some pictures that I took and there will be many more to come:










comments

2 Responses to "Free Thought Friday: Creation Museum"
  1. JTapp said...
    February 29, 2008 at 10:45 AM

    That's awesome, I'd like to go. Might you consider putting up some links to their website (and I think Ken Ham has a blog) as well?

  2. Matt McKee said...
    February 29, 2008 at 11:21 AM

    Thanks for the heads up about the links. I meant to put them in. I just did so we should be good to go. I think you should you when you guys come back into town.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates