June 7, 2007

What's in a title/name?


I heard the title "Next Generation Pastor" for the first time 2 days ago. I was intrigued and confused all at the same time. As you know, I love marketing. I love everything about it and one major part of it is having the right name. I even name products and companies on a referral basis but that is not the point. The point is this... Even if you have the best name in the world, if you don't have anything else the name is meaningless. You know the old saying, "Just because you say that you are the leader doesn't mean anyone is following you." Now don't get me wrong. I think I really like the title "Next Gen. Pastor", but what does it really mean? Did someone really not like the names we have like Youth Pastor, Student Pastor, Children's Pastor, or any other label that we put on ourselves? Before you go and give yourself a new catchy title or name, make sure that you are doing the job first. It is kind of like a nickname. Most of the time you didn't pick your nickname but I am sure you earn it.

comments

0 Responses to "What's in a title/name?"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates