June 9, 2007

My Church, Google, and Zoho (no you don't eat it)


I am slowly but surely switching all of the staff over to Google. I have set everyone up with an iGoogle homepage that includes a Google Calendar, local news, to do list, and anything else that they may want. Why is this important? Why is this important? Google's Calendar makes Outlook's calendar obsolete. You can access it from anywhere. You can share calendars and label calendars much easier. As a manager I can have all of my people's calendars and view them whenever I want. My family can have a calendar and I can overlay it with my work calendar and see when I am overloaded and Jessica can see it too. Basically what I am trying to say is that if you are still using Outlook as your calendar please stop. It is not worth it. You can also sync your Gmail with any e-mail account you have and have it on your iGoogle page.

Also, did you know that you don't need to buy Microsoft Office for anyone in your church anymore? Not only does Google have Docs (replaces Word), and Worksheets (replaces Excel) there is another company that is doing it better than Google and it is still free. The name of the company is Zoho and they can be found at www.zoho.com. What is the only problem with their software so far? It is an internet based piece of software so you have to be connected to the internet. They are working on making them work offline but that is not a function yet. So go sign up for Zoho and use all of their tools. Don't worry, even the people who are tech dumb will be able to figure this stuff out.

Added bonus: Here is a a little glimpse at my iGoogle Hompage. It is not all of it. I have to keep some secrets so that you keep coming back and reading my blog. Enjoy.

My iGoogle

comments

0 Responses to "My Church, Google, and Zoho (no you don't eat it)"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates