April 18, 2007

My Favorite Blogger loves Quitters


Seth Godin is my favorite blogger. He is a marketing genius and has many ideas and inspirations that the church can take and better itself. He is one of the few marketing guys who you read and feel that he is being real with you. Seth has a new book coming out this May. It is called "The Dip, a little book that teaches you when to quit and when to stick." You can pre-order it at amazon.com. Seth even has a blog just for this book, which by the way is very smart marketing. In this blog he has asked for quitters who have gone on to be the best in the world at something else. Of course there are famous people who have made the top ten. Now, I know there are some of you out there who have quit your secular job and have gone into ministry. I also know that there are some of you who have done the opposite. There are some days that I wonder if I am following my passion or if I am settling for something that I am good at and enjoy. Other days I couldn't think about doing anything else. I expect this book to challenge me, the blog already has done just that. I hope my honesty hasn't scared you and that you take some time to read this book when it comes out and honestly evaluate yourself and your situation. Now I know that full time ministry is a calling but would you be better for the ministry if you quit working for the church and started working in the secular world? Ministry is still going to happen in both places and so where is your passion? Don't settle working in an area where God hasn't given you a passion. Life is to short and you could be waisting the real ministry God has for you.

comments

0 Responses to "My Favorite Blogger loves Quitters"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates