April 11, 2007

Jott Yourself


5 years ago I bought a voice recorder. I was inspired by my boss at the time. He would walk around the church and remind himself of all the things that needed to improve or simply change by speaking into a nice little compact device. He would then have his assistant or himself type out all his notes from the recorder. I saw this as a manager and thought it was a good idea. I tried it for a while and found it very underwhelming but loved the idea. Last week I was introduced to Jott. Jott is a voice recognition web based software that you call with your cell phone and it turns your call into a written e-mail and sends it for you. It attaches the voicemail to the e-mail in case the software does not understand your words. The voice recognition is very nice though so I haven't had to check the voicemail yet. Why is this important? Well, I can Jott myself reminders and have copies of those reminders in my e-mail. I can put groups together and send them all an e-mail by speaking into my cell phone. I can send an e-mail and not be near a computer or have to use my thumbs on my PDA phone. The best part about this service is that it is FREE, at least for now. I am in love with this service. So much so, that I have told everyone in every meeting about it over the last week. I am now what they call a "Citizen Marketer" for Jott. I hope to get Jotts from many of you now. As someone else wrote: Voicemail and E-Mail are now one. Enjoy and go to Jott.

comments

0 Responses to "Jott Yourself"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates