May 12, 2007

In Waco, TX


I am currently in Waco, TX where I have been for the last couple of days. We came down to go to Justin Tapp's graduation. Justin is Jessica's sister's husband and he has an excellent blog. So that I believe makes us friends. Justin is getting his master's in international economics which is very impressive. Anyway, we have been all over Waco doing all the tourist stuff. We just got back from the Dr. Pepper Museum and the Children's Museum. Yesterday we ate at a great barbecue place called Tony Demaria's. It is a very manly place that shuts down after they run out of meat. Get there early for lunch or they may be closed. Believe it or not but I am a little metro and had on a great Polo shirt. Here is a picture:


The guy behind the counter asks you 4 questions, there is no menu. What kind of meat? Do you want beans? Coleslaw or Potato Salad? And then the classic phrase came out of his mouth, "Hey man, you have some stains on your shirt?" The guy sitting at the picnic table behind us in a cowboy hard hat, yes it was a hard hat in the shape of a cowboy hat, just started laughing. I guess Tony's was not use to us city boys.

I am going to Highland Baptist Church tomorrow and then we will head back to Cincinnati. I look forward to seeing their children's area and doing a little worship of my own. The hardest part for me when going to other churches is not critiquing and enjoying my time. I am really going to focus on worship and not anything else.

If you are in Waco and you are reading this let me know where we should eat tomorrow for Mother's Day.

comments

0 Responses to "In Waco, TX"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates