July 16, 2007

Centri-Kid: First Impressions


Overall the first day was very good. The biggest highlight of the day was the drop off. It was very intentional and thought through. They stop you early and ask what church you are with so that they can make you a Welcome Sign. Nice touch for the sign geek in me. Then you are stopped by the camp pastor who prays with the van about the week and introduces himself. Then you make it to the place where you are to register and the staff "kidnaps" the kids and let the adults go through the ever popular paper work portion. The kids are playing games and signing up for track times. The staff is plenty prepared for how long it takes you to go through the orientation process, which by the way, was one of the most painless I have been through. Believe me when I say it started everything off on the right foot. The rest of the time was good. I will say that I hate mediocre sound during large group times and we were close on many occasions. Other than this little bit of my obsessive compulsive side of programming it was a very big hit with my students. Until tomorrow when camp really begins...

Side note... Anybody else out there go to Centri-kid this year? What were you thoughts?

comments

0 Responses to "Centri-Kid: First Impressions"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates