August 4, 2007

Ministry Perks


What perks do you have at your church? At Fellowship Church I had a lot of perks. I could go to the coffee shop that was at the church and order a "Matt McKee". Yes there was a drink. In fact I went back earlier this year walked into the Source Cafe and ordered one. By the way, a "Matt McKee" is a White Chocolate Mocha made with the vanilla blend instead of the mocha blend and it has an extra shot of espresso. Yes it is a little bit of heaven in a cup. Not only did a get great coffee, I got to go to all kinds of sporting events for free. We had some great people who let us have their seats for the Cowboys, Mavericks, and Rangers. I even got to go the Texas Motor Speedway for some races. These are incredible perks that never show up in a salary or a 403b matching plan.

At Horizon I also have many perks. I have been to Red's games and Bengal's games. I don't have a place to order a Matt McKee but when we build our new building I am pushing for just a place. We have one other perk that I love at Horizon. We are given 2 VIP passes for Kings Island. What does this mean? Well, with each pass we get up to 10 tickets per day and get to park in VIP parking. This is incredible for someone like myself who loves to ride roller coasters. You know, it may be a toss up. Coffee VS. Roller Coasters. I may just take Roller Coasters.

Here is a great pic of my favorite roller coaster. It's called "The Beast". It is the world's longest wooden roller coaster and it will beat you to death. It is awesome. If you are ever in Cincinnati and are man/woman enough to ride then let me know.

Beast Kings Island

Enough bragging... Seriously, what perks do you get?

comments

0 Responses to "Ministry Perks"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates