November 18, 2009

Sign Wednesday: Resumes and Gina McClain #kidmin


Over the last couple of months I've been going through resumes trying to find the right fit for our Junior High Pastor opening.  This is a process that I really don't like to do.  In fact I agree with Seth Godin's article entitled "Why bother having a resume?" You can read his post here. As always he makes some great points.

Well earlier this week I was talking to my very good friend Gina McClain.  She is currently looking to change Children's Ministry for all of us.  Notice I said she is not looking for a job.  We were talking about her resume and what should be on it or not and if she should be creative and just do one that is more social than paper.  Then I remembered Seth's article.  She doesn't need a resume because she is remarkable.  Gina blogs here, tweets here, and has a Facebook account here.  If you want to know who Gina is then she is as open as anyone I've seen.  You're not going to hire her though because she is open and let's you know her thoughts (which by the way are much better than mine most of the time) but because she is a leader.  She will push your church, organization, or even company further than you can imagine.  Believe me if I thought for a second that she would take our Junior High Pastor position she would have it in a second but she won't.  It doesn't fit into passions and goals.  That's a bummer but you may have an opening that does.  If you do, hire her now!

So here's the deal...  Instead of sending me another resume saying that you would like to be our next Junior High Pastor how about interacting with me on this blog, twitter, or Facebook?  How about having 3 of your friends tell me why I would be stupid not to hire you?  I want our next Pastor to be remarkable not just another person who can fill the role.

Posted via email from matt mckee

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates