January 8, 2009

Tech Thursday: I should be excited.


Being a tech geek of sorts, I should be outside my mind excited about this week. I should be on Mashable, Engadget, TechCrunch, Technorati, and all other sites that are geeking right now. The thing about it though is that right now I am very underwhelmed. Underwhelmed by MacWorld. Underwhelmed by CES in Las Vegas.

I know I said this before but innovation is the only thing that will get us out of any economic down turn. Innovation is the key to future power, growth, and stability. Why am I not excited about the biggest week in technology right now? Simply put there is a huge lack of innovation.

It doesn't matter if Steve Jobs or Bill Gates is giving the keynote. Steve Ballmer and Phil Schiller could have been better if the message was better. It is about the message not the messenger. Jobs and Gates are who they are because of their messages of innovation.

Please tech world get back to creating and not revamping.

comments

1 Response to "Tech Thursday: I should be excited."
  1. Todd McKeever said...
    January 11, 2009 at 10:03 AM

    I can not say how much I agree. Time to stop the revamping and time to start innovating.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates