November 24, 2008

Ministry Monday: Happy Thanksgiving




I start almost every prayer to God with the words, "Dear God, thank you. . . " Is it a habit or am I truly thankful? I believe it is both. Either way, I can honestly say that I am thankful this Thanksgiving Season. The past several months I have been surrounded by people who are dealing with pain, death, failure, and uncertainty. It is what I call Messy Ministry and sometimes it is hard to see past the suffering and the sin. No matter what happens though I will give thanks. I will continue my best to give hope to those who are having a hard time being hopeful. I will continue to walk that fine line between grace and truth. I will continue to say, "Dear God, thank you. . ."

Join in on being thankful. I know that there is real pain out there. I know that there is real failure out there. I know that there is real suffering out there. Stop though and just say the words, "Dear God, thank you. . ." This is what Thanksgiving is all about.

comments

1 Response to "Ministry Monday: Happy Thanksgiving"
  1. JTapp said...
    November 24, 2008 at 7:37 PM

    I thought for sure you were going to post on Ed Young Jr.'s sermon series since that was all over the front pages today.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates