August 20, 2008

Sign Wednesday: Skyline Chili


Sometimes I am just amazed by what makes it on a sign. Below is a basic triangle table top sign. You see them all over the place. There is one thing though about this sign that I hadn't noticed before. Here is the way the sign was sitting when we sat down.





I took a closer picture of the sign to make sure that you see what I am talking about. Look at the randomness that makes the sign.





Do you think it is necessary for the arrows pointing up and down? Is it fragile cargo that doesn't need to be placed upside down?





Of course the sign geek in me had to turn it to its proper position.


Somethings to think about when making your next sign: Does the information that I am about to put on this sign really need to be there? Am I putting info on my sign that is for the printer or the consumer? If I am going to put strange information on my sign should it match the rest of my sign?

I think you know what I think of the questions above but what do you think?

comments

2 Responses to "Sign Wednesday: Skyline Chili"
  1. Jessica said...
    August 21, 2008 at 12:47 PM

    To me, the funny thing about that sign is that anyone who could read the "up" instructions should also be able to read the text of the sign and know how it needs to sit on the table. Duh!

  2. Paul Tate said...
    August 22, 2008 at 2:22 PM

    If the sign had been standing up the "right way" when you arrived, would you have even noticed it? Aha! Maybe the folks who set the table at Skyline are really clever marketing geniuses!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates