April 30, 2008

Sign Wednesday: Neon is not dead!


This past Saturday I was in Louisville, KY running in a mini-marathon. The night before the race my brother, my dad, and I went downtown to Fourth Street Live. Fourth Street Live is basically a huge outdoor/indoor hangout that consist of bars, restaurants, and overall fun. The way they created this space was by permanently closing down a street between 4 buildings and building a glass structure to enclose it. The nicest thing about it was all of the signs that were there. It was like walking back in time with all the neon. Here enjoy some of my favorite pictures I took with my iPhone:












By the way, if you haven't been in a Lucky Strike bowling alley then you should at least go inside. Don't look at the waitresses but check out the overall scene. It is one of the nicest, hippest bowling alleys out there. I was very impressed.

comments

1 Response to "Sign Wednesday: Neon is not dead!"
  1. Anonymous said...
    May 6, 2008 at 12:28 AM

    I lived there when they built 4th street live. If I remember correctly, the glass structure was already there... it was part of the galleria (honestly, I think they have one of these in every city). They left the roof part and tore down the rest. Unfortunately, 4th street opened like 1 month before I moved away... it would have been really nice if it had been around when I lived there... such a cool place.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates