April 10, 2008

@ Shift: Breakout 2


Reveal Research Findings


Ministry is harder than the Marketplace because the marketplace has
clear objectives (money) and ministry doesn't (making disciples).


-It is very hard to define making a disciple.


-the basic definition is loving God and loving others


-increasing participation doesn't produce disciples

Now for lots of graphs that I will link to later


4 groups of people attending Church
-Exploring Christ
-Growing in Christ
-Close to Christ
-Christ-centered


Looking at all of the slides are going to help

The most catalytic thing that grows people to become a disciple is the
Bible. This is not news but proven by the research.


Check out all the stuff at www.revealnow.com


Very interesting stuff, I need to look at this more



Sent from my iPhone

comments

1 Response to "@ Shift: Breakout 2"
  1. JTapp said...
    April 10, 2008 at 4:15 PM

    I look forward to the charts. Sounds like a good parallel with my church growth posts.

    I'm curious what McLaren said on handling gender issues, per your last post. I could make a guess. I'd like to compare it with what Mark Dever is this month.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates