March 13, 2008

Tech Thursday: Watching March Madness


How do you plan on watching/keeping up with all of the basketball games over the next several weeks/weekends? Conference tournaments started yesterday and today and people are using technology to keep up like crazy. Yes it is to check scores on your favorite sports site but I want an experience not just a score. I want to watch as much basketball as possible but I don't want to have to pay for the March Madness package on DirecTV, especially since I have Dish Network. I might be willing to switch though if they threw in that package and their HD channels, but that is a different post.

So back to the question at hand, how do you plan to keep up? Here are some ways that I plan on and you can chime in on the comments about your plan of attack.

1. All games are going to be streamed live through Joost. Get your Joost player at Joost.com and you to can watch basketball while you do prep work for other things. (Don't want to do Joost then sign up for a free VIP pass at CBS Sportsline.com watch it that way.)

2. I am going to be following certain people on Twitter. Knowing how the crowds are at games helps with the experience.

3. I am hoping to get a new HDTV and have it set up by next Thursday. Why watch it on an old TV.

So there are my top 3. What are yours?



2. Don't

comments

2 Responses to "Tech Thursday: Watching March Madness"
  1. Anonymous said...
    March 13, 2008 at 5:09 PM

    My Alma Mater just won their conference on Monday night (or was it Tuesday). Third straight year for ORU to make it to the dance, maybe this year they'll make it a few rounds!

    I'm glad you posted this because I haven't thought about how I'm going to watch? I'll be watching any game with ORU or UNC... and of course once we get to the final four.

    I don't even like basketball that much, but I always get the March fever!

  2. Anonymous said...
    March 14, 2008 at 11:14 AM

    I watch ever game with March Madness on Demand. You can download it off CBS Sportsline and I believe the NCAA site.

    Get in early so you can be VIP.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates