March 20, 2008

Mac Conversion, Step #2: iMac


Yesterday was a huge day for me and my family. As you know I am making the transition from a PC to a Mac. It has not been as fast as I would have hoped but money always comes into play. My first step was with the iPhone. I have had my phone for a month and I love it. It has become one of my good friends. My second step came via UPS yesterday. Yes ladies and gentlemen I got my first Mac yesterday.

Which Mac did I get?


After many thoughts, I decided on the 20" iMac with a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor. I upgraded to 2GB of Ram and the wireless mouse and keyboard.

Why iMac instead of one of the MacBooks?

This computer will be replacing a desktop that I built over 3 years ago. Yes myself and Justin Tapp built a computer together. I have already had to replace the mother board, the sound card, and the graphics card is going out on this one. The desktop I built is also making some great noises now as well. Needless to say, I went the logic of Apple can build a much better machine and their software is kicking everyone else's tale. Also there will be no need for a MacBook at the house since I have a laptop at my work.

Where did I get it?

I could have gone to the local Apple store but I chose to order from MacMall .com instead. They had some great rebates and specials that I got some nice perks by going with them instead. They had great customer service and helped me get the best deal possible.

So there you have it. I now have my first Mac. What are some of the best tricks of the trade that I need to know? What will make my conversion the easiest?

comments

1 Response to "Mac Conversion, Step #2: iMac"
  1. Anonymous said...
    March 20, 2008 at 10:56 AM

    Welcome home. We've been waiting for you!

    Enjoy. Unlike a pc (which are arguably cheaper) Your iMac will serve you well for years to come. We still have one that is working well that is 8 years old.

    You get what you pay for.

    enjoy.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates