February 4, 2008

Ministry Monday: Thoughts after the Super Bowl


Here are the things that I'm glad I didn't even have to think about last night.

1. Whether or not we should cancel church because of the Super Bowl. Does Sunday night church work anymore anyway?

2. Where the Super Bowl party was going to be. 50 inches of HD is all you need to know.

3. If there was going to be enough food. I love my family.

4. What volunteers were not going to show up because of the game. Seriously you do you have church on Sunday night?

5. The video/entertainment that was going to play during half time so that I could justify it being a church sponsored event. Did you through a Super Bowl party that the church payed for? Do you think it worked? What was the purpose?

6. The topic of conversation. When friends and family are around it is nice to be yourself.

7. Checking e-mail, voice mail, or any other technology to see if my boss was calling.


The things that I did think about.

1. Shaq as a jockey is really funny. That was my second favorite commercial.

2. What's up with Bill's sweatshirt? Why did Reebok go out of their way to make him a special one for the Super Bowl. The old gray one is just fine.

3. The Audi commercial rocked. A Rolls grill in the bed was incredible and I drooled a little bit. That was my favorite. Can you drive that car and be a pastor?

4. I can't believe how well the kids behaved. That was a real treat.

5. Doritos and chocolate go better together than I realized.

6. The microphones that Aikman and Buck were wearing looked really bad. They make smaller ones that work just as well.

7. I can't believe THE GIANTS WON!

comments

2 Responses to "Ministry Monday: Thoughts after the Super Bowl"
  1. Sam Luce said...
    February 4, 2008 at 6:25 PM

    Who-ray Giants. Now lets get ready for the NY Yanks.

    doritos and chocolate? That sounds a bit like 8 months pregnate food.

  2. Matt McKee said...
    February 6, 2008 at 12:10 AM

    What is up with the pregnant jokes? There is no need coming from a guy who is so skinny.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates