January 28, 2008

Ministry Monday: I PREACHED Yesterday


Yesterday was a big day for me. Besides the fact that I ran 5 miles and continue to train for a half marathon, I got to preach in the Adult Worship service. The passage that I was given was Joshua chapter 4. This chapter is all about Memorials and remembering God's greatness. God told Joshua to build a Memorial of 12 large stones for the generations to come and to remind those generations of how great God was, is, and will be in the future. Believe me when I say that it was easy to preach to parents and let them know that I can't be held responsible for all of the spiritual lessons their kids will get in life. It was easy to say that we as pastors only have one hour each week with their kids and parents can't expect us to be the all in all when it comes to God. It was easy to tell parents they must make God a priority in their lives and the lives of their kids. The hard part was listening to God's word and the words that he was speaking through me because I am a parent as well.

Every person that walked into the service yesterday received a rock. My only hope is that today they will find that rock in their car or on their dresser or somewhere and remember how great God wants to be in their life.

It felt good to preach. Most of the time I feel more like myself when I am on stage speaking in front of people than I do anywhere else. I know public speaking is the number one fear of our culture but I absolutely love it. When the sermon is posted tomorrow on our churches' website I will post a link so that if you want to hear it you can. Then you can critique it all you want. Believe me when I say I will as well.

comments

0 Responses to "Ministry Monday: I PREACHED Yesterday"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates