December 19, 2007

Sign Wednesday: The Nativity and WHY?


Christmas is less than a week away. I hope you have all of your shopping done and that you are taking time out of your schedule to thank God for sending Jesus so that we can celebrate this season. I think the nativity is a great way to remind us to stop and think about the true meaning of this holiday. But what happens when we take this sign called the nativity and get creative with it? Things can get a little out of hand and the message of the sign could be lost. I mean take a look. . .



Rubber ducky your the one, you make bath time so much fun



I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know



Cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man on the moon

Joy to the world the penguin's come let earth receive it's next movie. . .


Now this next lawn sign is not a nativity but is the reason for the WHY? in the title. People do put this out at Christmas and I really don't get it. Give it time because it lights up.






Thanks to Justin Tapp for bringing these signs to my attention and to Mark Oestreicher for posting these signs to his blog. I do appreciate it.

comments

2 Responses to "Sign Wednesday: The Nativity and WHY?"
  1. Tia Lynn said...
    December 20, 2007 at 12:07 AM

    Those are a little out there... I guess ducks and cats and the rest of creation need a savior, too. :) I'm with ya, it's a little out of hand.

  2. JTapp said...
    December 20, 2007 at 5:22 AM

    Great captions. I can't imagine who would want a penguin nativity.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates