August 22, 2007

Sign Wednesday: Very Creative


I love sweet tea. Yes, this makes me a southern boy and I am perfectly fine with that. The biggest problem is once you gross the Ohio River it is as if they don't know what you are talking about when you say sweet tea. Most of the time the response is that there is sugar on the table. Of course this is no good. I mean it is like saying that your flight is going to take off but you are on a 4 hour delay. That's how long it takes for the sugar on the table to dissolve in my cold iced tea. Or it is like when you ask for spicy mustard and their response is that they have honey mustard. IT IS NOT THE SAME!

Enough on the tangent and onto great signs with great placement at a great place for lunch that happens to have great sweet tea.

Do you have McAlister's where you live? I hope you do. I walked into one of their restaurants and noticed a very unique stack of high chairs. Here is the photo:

McAlister's

All of their high chairs had signs on them. Basic little bumper sticker like signs. For one I had never seen this approach. I am sure they aren't the first to do it, but whoever thought of this placement is very clever. I mean what else are you going to do with the back of the high chair. Why not use it to advertise your best stuff? And while your at it, why not make good creative phrases about your best stuff? Talk about brand awareness within your business. Not only are you telling your customers who you are but you are always reminding your employees who you are.

Of course I took individual pictures of these signs so that you can enjoy them. But before you look, I want you to think where are places I could do this in my ministry? Are there little unique unused areas that I could put a clever phrase or a vision statement that will not only let my students, parents, kids, and first time visitors know who you are but be a good reminder to the staff. Here are the signs:

McAlister's Sweet Tea

McAlister's Sweet Tea

McAlister's Spuds

P.S. When you do something like this you are also saying that you value their kids and you want the family to have a good time while they are there. What a novel concept.

comments

0 Responses to "Sign Wednesday: Very Creative"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates