October 23, 2007

More on All Access and NewSpring


Paul Tate, our Creative Arts Pastor, and I arrived safely into the Cincinnati airport last night. Both of us were tired but couldn't figure out why. I think it was because God was working on us and not the dry, fake oxygen air of the plane. Anyway, here are the final thoughts about NewSpring.

1. Just because you don't learn anything new doesn't mean it doesn't impact you. Taking the same stuff that you know will work and doing it in an excellent way honors God.
2. The pastors at NewSpring are really excited about what they do. This was very refreshing.
3. Critiques of your church and your ministry are like squirrels in the road. You can swerve to try and miss them and end up in an accident or you could just run them over in Jesus' name.
4. The vision of your church must be accessible, visible, and valuable. People don't buy into junk.
5. I am not passionate enough about evangelism. Shame on me. I really don't have an excuse.
6. Doing one thing great is better than doing 2 things very good.
7. Don't start a miniature horse ministry. No one will come and you can't make it great.
8. NewSpring is not about making money. They refunded everyone's money back to them at the end. This was incredible and I wouldn't plan on them doing it again.
9. Fatz Cafe will make you fat and happy all at the same time.
10. Greenville, SC which is 25-30 minutes north of Anderson is more fashion forward than Cincinnati, OH. Why doesn't Cincinnati have a "Buckle" store? This is ridiculous.

By the way, I did not hang out with the Children's Ministry much while I was at NewSpring. I did meet Pudge and he is as cool as his name implies. I spent most of my time with the Jr.High/Sr. High Staff. Thanks to Cooper and Aldin for their time and honesty. It was cool to hang out.

Final note... I did not hug Tony Morgan, he really doesn't like hugs. It was nice to see that he really is a humble guy who is passionate about the local church.

comments

2 Responses to "More on All Access and NewSpring"
  1. Anonymous said...
    October 23, 2007 at 4:44 PM

    Matt,

    Glad you made it back safely to OH. It was great to be able to meet you. I appreciate all the questions you asked in hanging out together, that always help sharpen and fine tune what you think, as you have to be able to verbalize what is going on in your head. I look forward to hear what God is going to continue to do in your ministry. God bless!

    Alden Ellis

  2. Sam Luce said...
    October 24, 2007 at 9:42 PM

    All good thoughts

    4. The vision of your church must be accessible, visible, and valuable. People don't buy into junk.
    5. I am not passionate enough about evangelism. Shame on me. I really don't have an excuse.

    Those two where my favorite.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates