April 30, 2007

Love for the Down Under


I received a question from someone who does not live in Australia why I don't blog more about the greatness that is coming out of the Land Down Under. My response is simple. Shame on Me! Now I know that most of my readers are here in the United States and we can get egotistical sometimes about how cutting edge we are, but we can and should learn more by looking around the world. If you are not aware, Hillsong Kids is doing some incredible things. They are leading the way when it comes to music for Children's Ministry for starters. If you have ever had the thought that kids in elementary can't worship to music then you are doing music wrong for one and two you haven't picked up a Hillsong Kid's DVD. Pick one up and watch kids worship right before your eyes. We use quite a few of their songs and our kids' favorite is "One Way", even though "Jesus in my Life" is a very close second. Also, one of their head guys, Dave Wakerley, has an excellent blog. If you are not reading it you should. Here is the link. One last thing... They are having a conference coming up in July. I have not had the chance to go but I am trying my best to clear my schedule for next year. I know that we have great conferences here in the States but I think we should make it a point to get to Hillsong at least once. By they way, they dress cool too.

Hillsong Kids

I wear socks like that when I play indoor soccer. Maybe I should wear them when I lead worship?!

comments

0 Responses to "Love for the Down Under"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates