February 13, 2007

Family Fun Night


This past Saturday night I put together a Family Fun Night. It ran from 6:00pm-8:00pm and we had an incredible turn out. The whole deal was Dinner and a Show. Dinner was catered by a famous local catering company called Funky's Catering. Most of the people in our target use them for both corporate and personal events. The show was put on by Mad Science. Since this is the first year that I am using Mad Science during our summer program called Smash Camp, I wanted to give the kids a teaser. I also wanted to see what kind of response I would have to them. I knew they had a good reputation in the community but was impressed how many families brought friends and neighbors. This event was all about promoting Smash Camp. It was also about getting building community. So how do you measure success from an event like this besides just the number of people that came? For me it is the 5 new families that don't go to our church who have already contacted me to sign up their kids for Smash Camp. It is the excitement that I have received from volunteers about not only looking forward to the summer but about the overall ministry. Lastly, it was a simple note from the Senior Pastor that said "Great Work. Great Event." I would encourage you to also be intentional when doing your next event. Don't just bring in anybody because they are cheap or because they are convenient. Make sure it is a spring board to something else. Make sure in builds excitement about another event or ministry. Make sure there is a purpose.

comments

0 Responses to "Family Fun Night"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates